Hello, my name is Fiona, welcome to my blog!

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Achieved !


Day Eighteen: Your most recent achievement achieved

Today I finished of my script for Script Frenzy. 100 pages of script in 24 days, not bad for someone that has never done it before.

It all started when I decided to participate in National Novel Writing Month last November after seeing a report on BBC Breakfast. I had heard of the event before, but at the time I didn’t have the time or an idea. A few days before I saw the report, an idea had started to form and idea that for once I thought that I had the potential to finish, seeing the report for NaNoWriMo was the push that I needed.

Once I started writing, I couldn’t stop, the story just flowed and I hit 50,000 words on 26th November and finished on the 30th with 50,780 words. I thought that that was a pretty big achievement. I’ve never written anything that long in my entire life. Even my fan fictions from years ago that seemed that long were only about 20,000 words. Once I had my novel, I saw Script Frenzy advertised and I decided to give that a go, “how hard can it be?” I thought. “Writing the novel was the hard part”. I was wrong, writing the script was so much harder. Not only have I been faced with the flaws of my novel head on, which I had been avoiding by not editing my novel, but I also discovered just how unlikeable one of my main characters is. In November he seemed like a lovable rogue, but now, I hate him and he really doesn’t deserve the other main character. Though of course, now I have a much better idea of what does need work and I feel ready now to take creating a second draft more seriously. I also know now that the working title ‘Meet me on the Clifton’ should probably go, the affection that I felt for it in November has officially worn off.

Since my dreams of working in science are quickly drifting further and further away from me it would be great if I could carry on working on my novel, maybe sending it off to publishers if it ever gets to a point where I would want to do that, or maybe I will publish myself for e-books. I think it would be pretty cool if I knew that someone was out there reading something that I’ve written.

No comments:

Post a Comment