Hello, my name is Fiona, welcome to my blog!

Monday 16 April 2012

Admiration


Day Thirteen: Talk about someone that you admire

So after months of waiting, Pottermore finally opened up the other day. I spend most of this morning exploring the site, finishing the first book a few hours ago. I didn’t think that I could love Harry Potter any more than I already do, but here I am falling in love with the books all over again. It’s all thanks to one woman, and that woman is JK Rowling. In my ‘Table for Ten’ post I said that she would be one of my ten dinner guests because she is an inspiration to me, and I thought that I would expand on that.

If you don’t know who JK Rowling is, where have you been the past decade?!? She’s sold well over 400 million books and is responsible for getting an entire generation of kids interested in books again, myself included. Although I’ve always read books, none of them ever captured my imagination quite like the Harry Potter books.

The Harry Potter books have had such a large impact on my life. The books really fired up my imagination and I would often write my own short stories based around the Potter universe. Knowing about JK Rowling, and her story has encouraged me to write more.

As a person, he has faced adversity and come out on the other side, and I admire that. It would have been easy for her just to give up, to throw her ideas away after the constant rejections from publishers. Knowing about the struggles that she has faced and how she has come through them has taught me not to give up when things get hard. I hope that once I’ve edited my NaNoWriMo story, I can send it away to publishers, I would love to see something that I’ve written on a bookshelf, it really would be a dream come true.

Something else that I admire is that you can see that she cares about her fans, how many other authors would agree to work on something like Pottermore.

I like the thought that has gone into the books. She has meticulously planned out stories for everything, and some of this extra information is show cased on the Pottermore website.

No comments:

Post a Comment