Hello, my name is Fiona, welcome to my blog!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Music, music, music

Day Five: Put your i-pod on shuffle and talk about the first 10 songs that come up

Yeah we danced on table tops and we took too many shots…

I love this song, ridiculously catchy; I listen to it all the time, and sing and dance along (badly). It reminds me of all the good times that I’ve had on nights out with friends and it certainly seems to describe the events pretty accurately.

Am I strong enough to see it through? Go crazy is what I will do…
One of the first musicals that I went to go and see at the theatre was Saturday Night Fever when I was about 15 and I fell in love with this song. Again, one that I can’t help singing along to. It sums up how I’ve felt a few times.


The first of much music from Doctor Who on my i-pod. This piece is so lovely; it’s a young Amelia Pond waiting for the Doctor. It makes me think and it’s often one of the songs that I listened to during NaNoWriMo when I was writing some parts that involved my main characters being children, because it does make me think about when I was younger.

Last Type 40 in the Universe, but there’s still so much to see…
More Doctor Who, Chameleon Circuit is a Trock – Time Lord Rock band and this song is about the TARDIS itself. I think that writing songs about Doctor Who is genius, and they’re so damn catchy, it’s a bit of a geeky pleasure, and it reminds me how cool it would be if there really was a TARDIS…

I don’t even need your love, but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough…
This song seems to be following me about lately, every time I turn on a music channel or my i-pod, its there! I think the reason that it’s so popular is that you can relate to it, I know how he feels, it’s happened to me. When it comes on, I imagine that I’m singing it to someone, telling them how I feel, and it’s made me feel better about the situation.

I love my life, I love this record, Mi amore vole fe yah…
I remember hearing this for the first time on the radio, I was doubting myself and feeling low, but hearing this made me realise that none of that mattered. And now, whenever I’m starting to feel like that again, I play this song.

The warmth of your hand and the cold grey sky, it fades to the distance
This is a song that I first heard during the first episode of ‘Ashes to Ashes’, when Alex finds herself in 1981. Really not something that I would have expected to like, but it pulled me in and I had to download it, along with a lot of other eighties music. I don’t really know what the lyrics mean if I’m honest, but it’s sung with such feeling that I don’t think it matters.

Look into your heart and you’ll find love love love love
This song always seems to be on the radio, and it cheers me up. Not much to it really!


This is the music that plays as Rose makes her way to Bad Wolf Bay in the ‘Doomsday’ episode of Doctor Who (Also seen in my last post). Again, another piece that I love, the scene on the television wouldn’t be the same without this music and even now hearing this music still makes me tear up a little. I think it’s really powerful and some of the best music that’s appeared on the show. Doctor Who just wouldn’t be the same without Murray’s music.

Loving you hurts, loving you aches, loving you burns, loving you chaifs…
The Musgraves are an unsigned band, and I first heard about them when they appeared on the Graham Norton show a few weeks back, and since them, I can’t stop listening to them. This song is about being in love with someone, but is more about the difficulties. The Musgraves manage to take something that’s a bit dark and turn it around into such a happy tune; it just gets stuck in your head! I recommend that you go out and listen to them right now!

And that’s it, a taste of my i-pod

No comments:

Post a Comment