Hello, my name is Fiona, welcome to my blog!

Thursday 5 April 2012

Table for Ten

Day Three: Name 10 people that you would like to invite to dinner.


First on the list, JK Rowling. I got my first Harry Potter book for Christmas ’99, though Father Christmas didn’t realise that there was an order to the books and got me Chamber of Secrets! I read that book over and over again, and although I had always read books, this is the first book that really captured my imagination. JK Rowling is an inspiration to me, she had nothing, she lived in a council flat, lived of benefits, faced depression. But she came through all that and against all odds; she’s now one of the most successful women ever. I would like to ask her more about the Harry Potter world, and just tell her how her books have changed my life.


David Attenborough would be next on the list. One of my earliest television memories is watching Wildlife on One, it was one of the only times that I was allowed to stay up past my bedtime when I was little, along with the nights that Animal Hospital was on the television. These programmes encouraged my love for the natural world, and such programmes by David Attenborough inspired me to study Zoology at University. The man is a legend as far as I’m concerned. He has a career spanning decades and even today in his eighties he is still out there, seeing the world. I would love to follow in his footsteps, and see some of the things that he’s seen. I would love to meet him so that I could ask him all about his adventures. Watch out Attenborough, I’m after your job!

I would love to see Attenborough meet Charles Darwin, so Darwin would be invited. He was a genius, end of. Even when people put him down, laughing at his theories, he still kept going, knowing that he was right. I would talk to him more about his theories and his voyage on the Beagle. I would also ask him for a reference, I’m sure that that would get me a job!

One of my favourite actresses would have to come. Lesley Sharp played Alison Mundy in afterlife, a television show that despite being brilliant was axed after 2 series. When I found out that afterlife had been cancelled, I was gutted. It had just ended. I had so many questions about Lesley’s character, and it was such questions that inspired me to write my first bit of fiction. It was the first time that I had ever written a story in my entire life. If it wasn’t for Lesley’s portrayal of Alison, I may never have discovered the joy of writing.

Couldn’t have my favourite actress without my favourite actor, David Tennant. He’s probably most famous for playing the 10th Doctor in Doctor Who, and that was how I came to know of his work. Since then, I’ve seen everything that he’s been in. I think he is fabulous. He’s so energetic, and he brings so much energy to the roles that he plays. He is my Doctor. I was so sad to see him go, announcing his departure live on television at the National Television Awards, what a way to go! I know that he’s a fellow Whovian, something that I think added to his portrayal of the Doctor; I would probably just spend all night talking to him about Doctor Who and his other acting work.

Keeping on a Doctor Who theme, the current head writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat. I think that he’s written some of the best episodes of Doctor Who since the return in 2005 and of course he co-created the fabulous Sherlock, anyone that hasn’t seen it really must. I would love to find out how he comes up with his ideas, as well as pitch him some of my own, and convince him that he should definitely cast me as the next companion. And once he had had enough wine, I would have to get how Sherlock managed to survive jumping at the end of series 2!

Golf is something that I’ve only recently discovered that I quite like to watch, and its thanks in most parts to BubbaWatson. He’s someone that likes to goof around a bit and seeing what he's been up to brightens my day. The Golf Boys is a good example of that (He's the one in denim). I’m not particularly religious, I’m of the school of thought that Richard Dawkins sort of has a point, but I do think that the Bible can be quite inspirational, and Bubba seems to find all the best bits. Seeing him tweet the odd Bible quote gives me a bit of hope in what is a bit of a rough patch for me. Lastly, the man ownsthe General Lee, the actual General Lee. What’s not to Love?! Bubba to win The Masters this weekend!

Lady GaGa is my favourite singer. I love her music and I think that she’s inspirational. She’s out there, flamboyant, and she just doesn’t seem to care what people think of her. You can tell that she loves her fans and she doesn’t take her fame for granted. I can’t wait to go and see her on the Born This Way Ball Tour; hopefully I’ll be able to get a ticket.

Adele is another favourite of mine. She really sings from the heart, and her songs have so much meaning to them, you can really relate to them. She always seems like a laugh in interviews and I think it would be great to meet her.

And to end the list, Jono Lancaster. Jono has Teacher Collins Syndrome, and I saw him on a television show a couple of years ago. He spoke about the problems that he has faced due to TCS and how he has overcome them. He does a lot of charity work, and again, I just think that he’s really inspirational. If you’ve not seen any of his shows, I really recommend that you give them a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment