Hello, my name is Fiona, welcome to my blog!

Friday 6 April 2012

'Round the world

Day Four: Five places that you want to visit.

I haven’t really travelled much, not even around my own country! The furthest away that I’ve ever been is Turkey, and I can probably count the cities in the UK that I’ve visited on my fingers. It’s not that I don’t want to travel more; it’s just that I’ve never really had the chance to. Or the money, which is sort of important too.

The place the first springs to my mind when I think of places that I would like to visit is New York. I have never been to America, and this is the first place that I would visit given the chance. It’s the place that I’ve wanted to go to for years, I was rather jealous when my Dad got the chance to go with work a few years back, but I’ll get my chance! My earliest memory of wanting to visit New York was from watching the film ‘Balto’, the opening scene of the film is an old woman looking for the statue of the famous dog in Central Park, all that I wanted to do was go and find the statue for myself, so it would be a crime against my inner child not to find it!

Then of course, there are all of the classic sites, Empire State Building, Times Square, Statue of Liberty, Broadway, Carrie Bradshaw’s Apartment….. The list could go on forever! I would end it by having some of what ever Sally was having at Katz’s Delicatessen.
I’ve only been to London once, and that was when I was about ten, and I don’t really remember much, other than somehow we managed to get lost driving around the city, but ended up driving right past Buckingham Palace. So I would love to visit again now that I’m old enough to appreciate it. Stop number one would be Baker Street. Thanks to ‘Sherlock’ I’ve really gotten into the adventures of Sherlock Holmes, working my way through Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s brick of a book, so I would like to see that.


I would also like to see the Tower of London; I love the history of the place, and all the stories about people that have had a somewhat unpleasant stay there. There would be the shops too, I’ve only ever seen the outside of Harrods so I wouldn’t mind going inside.

Staying in the UK, Cardiff would be next on the list. Purely for the Doctor Who connection, I would love to visit some of the locations where my favourite television show is made. I would have to have my picture taken everywhere! Stand on the Rift and hope that the TARDIS will stop by. Outside the city centre, I would have to visit Southerndown beach, Rose said goodbye to the Doctor in ‘Doomsday’ and ‘Journeys End’, two of my favourite scenes.

Australia. Nowhere in particular, just the whole place. I love it. I would like to dive in the Great Barrier Reef, and see Ayres Rock, maybe even hold a Koala Bear or see a Duck Billed Platypus. Then there would be the MasterChef Australia kitchen, that would be awesome, I love that show. I would end up visiting Fenix or The Press Club, restaurants owned by the presenters, George and Gary


To finish off, Florida or more specifically, the theme parks. I went to Disney Land, Paris a few months after it opened and four times in total, but I’ve never gone to the one in Florida, so I would love to indulge the inner child and drop by there for a visit.

If I could get to visit all those places, I would be very happy indeed! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment