Hello, my name is Fiona, welcome to my blog!

Tuesday 3 April 2012

The First Post


So, this is it, the first blog post. Hi, welcome to Fionaology!

I’ve never really written a blog or a diary before. To get me started, I’ve decided to do some sort of ’30 Day Blog Challenge’, inspired by the likes of National Novel Writing Month and Script Frenzy. I took part in NaNoWriMo last November, and to my shock, I actually managed to write a novel in the space of a month and now I’m attempting to give Screnzy a go. I’m hoping that by keeping a blog it’ll help me to improve my writing, because writing is something that I would like to pursue in some way.

Day One:  A bit about myself. I’m Fiona, 22 and from the Wirral, which is near Liverpool. I graduated from the University, with a degree in Zoology. I had a fantastic time at University, I met some great people and I miss all the fun times that we had, but I’ll be honest, I’m a bit rubbish when it comes to keeping in touch, I’m somewhat of a socially awkward penguin at times.


I’ve moved back home and it’s taken some getting used to, after spending 3 years living away from home, all be it in a house that’s only about half an hour away by train. It still seems strange to be back in my old bedroom, sharing with my not-so-little-any-more sister, posters of Justin Bieber, The Wanted and One Direction staring down at me from the opposite wall.

I’m unemployed at the moment, trying to find a job, without much luck. I can’t help but feel that I’ve peaked too soon when it comes to having a job. I absolutely loved the 6 months after university when I worked as a research technician, out in the field trapping mice and voles the in the labs identifying parasites, some people might find the boring, but I love doing science. That’s what I would like to make a career for myself doing, working in research. The problem is that people just don’t seem to be interested in employing a 22 year old with a 2.2 in Zoology.
That's me, in the woods, doing some science

While I’m looking for a job, I spend my time pursuing my hobbies. I like baking; my speciality is the Chocolate Orange Marble cake. I also like to do cross stitch, it’s something that I learnt how to do when I was at school and I’ve never really stopped doing it. I’m working on the biggest one that I’ve ever done, a lovely big Victorian street in winter. I’m into entomology, something that if you’d told me that I would end up enjoying a few years ago I probably would have just laughed and told you to stop being so daft. My favourite insects are the butterflies, and I’m learning to identify the British species and their caterpillars. I love to watch television too; in fact, I probably watch way, way too much television for my own good. My favourite show is Doctor Who, but no doubt there will be more of that later on!

So that’s me. That's my first post. Now, back to watching Peep Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment